Manage Google Meet and classic Hangouts separately in the Admin console
Quick launch summary
Google Meet can now be controlled independently of classic Hangouts chat in the Admin console. Please make sure your service settings are prepared by following the steps in the Help Center.
You can find more information about this change in an email that was sent to your domain’s primary admin between the 11th and 18th of May 2020.
Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning Meet video calling on or off for your organization.
End users: End users are not impacted by this change.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 15, 2020
- Applies to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Fostering innovation in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- Changes to information visibility in Meet quality tool, Meet audit log, and Reports API February 18, 2021
- Marian Croak’s vision for responsible AI at Google February 18, 2021
- New Calendar admin privilege hierarchy in the Admin console February 18, 2021