Manage audio and video in Chrome with one click
We’ve all been there: You have lots of tabs open and one of them starts playing a video, but you can’t figure out which one. Or you’re listening to music in your browser in the background and want to change the song without stopping your work to find the right tab.
With Chrome’s latest update, it’s now easier to control audio and video in your browser. Just click the icon in the top right corner of Chrome on desktop, open the new media hub and manage what’s playing from there.
Designed to minimize any disruptions to whatever you need to get done in your browser, the new media hub helps you to be more productive by bringing all your media notifications to one place and letting you manage each audio and video playback, without having to navigate any tabs. We first brought these media controls to Chromebooks in August, and today we rolled out the media hub in Chrome for Windows, Mac and Linux.
These new controls are the latest in a series of updates to enhance your media experience in Chrome, including support for media hardware keys for easy access to your media, and the Picture-in-Picture extension and API to help you with multitasking in your browser. We’ll continue to add more functionality for you to control media in Chrome over time.
Related Google News:
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- Changes to information visibility in Meet quality tool, Meet audit log, and Reports API February 18, 2021
- Basis Universal Textures - Khronos Ratification and Support February 18, 2021
- New in Google Cloud VMware Engine: improved reach, networking and scale February 18, 2021
- A look at how we tackle fake and fraudulent contributed content February 18, 2021
- Celebrate Black creative visions with Chrome February 18, 2021
- Introducing Cloud Domains: Easily register and manage custom domains February 17, 2021