Make tracking your work easier than ever with Tables
I’ve been in the technology industry for a long time, including 10 years at Google. And during my years in the workforce, I’ve always had a difficult time tracking projects. Our teams stored notes and related tasks in different documents. Those documents always got out of date. We’d have to manually sync data between them. And I’d spend a lot of time coordinating between team members to prioritize and update statuses. I spent more time keeping track of work than actually working!
Tracking work with existing tech solutions meant building a custom in-house solution or purchasing an off-the-shelf product, but these options are time-consuming, inflexible and expensive.
That’s why we built Tables, a user-friendly, intuitive work tracking tool, as part of Area 120, Google’s in-house incubator for experimental projects. Tables helps teams track work and automate tasks to save time and supercharge collaboration—without any coding required.
Save time, work smarter
Tables, with other teams at Google, is investing in automation. For Tables, this means Bots. With Bots, teams can easily schedule recurring email reminders when tasks are overdue, message a chat room when new form submissions are received, or move a task to someone else’s work queue when the status is changed.
Prior to Tables, you’d have to do a lot of manual work: check multiple different sources of data, collate it all together and then copy and paste it into another doc to hand it off. Tables makes automating these actions quick and easy, saving teams time and making collaboration seamless.
Integrated with Google
Getting started with Tables is easy. You can import data right from Google Sheets, share data with your Google Groups and assign tasks to your existing Google contacts.
It’s time to spend more time working and less time tracking it. That’s why today, we launched the beta version of Tables in the U.S.—with both a free and paid plan. Now you can work more efficiently and collaborate easily, no matter the task. Get started today or visit our website to learn more.
Related Google News:
- Whitepaper: Hold your own key with Google Cloud External Key Manager April 23, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Your Chromebook gets a little more helpful April 21, 2021
- New ways we're making Meet calls easier (and more fun) April 21, 2021
- Accelerate your Google Cloud transformation with new NetApp solutions April 20, 2021
- Optimize your user experience with these Place Autocomplete tips April 20, 2021
- More ways to work with and analyze BigQuery data using Connected Sheets April 19, 2021