Join Google Meet calls from third-party video conferencing systems more easily
We’re making it easier to join Google Meet calls from third-party video conferencing systems. Specifically,
- If you’re using third-party video conferencing hardware with a third-party calendar service, you can now enable your users to join Meet video calls with just one click from the device.
- If you’re using third-party video conferencing hardware with Google Calendar, you can now choose to have SIP meeting codes automatically added to new Calendar events.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
Meet supports SIP URI—a common way to let video conferencing systems know how to join calls—but to date, many customers have found it difficult to use. With this launch, we’re giving admins the option to automatically add SIP join information to new third-party calendar events—thus making it easier for third-party hardware solutions to find and join Meet calls. If the hardware you use doesn’t have a calendar integration, we’ll automatically add SIP join information to new Calendar events. This should make it easier for users to join Meet calls on third-party video conferencing hardware.
- Admins: These features will be off by default. To take advantage of them, you need to download and install Pexip Infinity gateway and turn on Meet interoperability in the Admin console. You must then choose to use long meeting IDs. Visit the Help Center for instructions on how to use Meet with third-party video conferencing systems.
- End users: There is no end user setting for these features. They will only work for users with interop enabled.
- This feature is available now for all domains.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits customers. A gateway license from Pexip or a Pexip partner is required for Meet interoperability.
Related Google News:
- Automatically save your response progress in Google Forms: Beta available for Google… April 1, 2021
- 11 quick tips for making the most of Gmail, Meet, Calendar, and more in Google Workspace April 1, 2021
- University of Missouri expands data analytics with Google Cloud April 1, 2021
- Why Google Cloud is the ideal platform for Block.one and other DLT companies April 1, 2021
- Add and manage four new types of citations in Google Docs March 31, 2021
- Modernizing your Google App Engine applications March 31, 2021
- Free AI and machine learning training for fraud detection, chatbots, and more March 31, 2021