Join a meeting with new options on the Google Meet landing page
Quick launch summary
We’re changing the options for a more tailored experience when Google Workspace users join or start a meeting from meet.google.com.
When you click “New meeting,” you’ll now see the following three options:
- Create a meeting for later: Generate joining information for a new meeting. You can save this information to use later.
- Start an instant meeting: Join a meeting in one click, without first going to the Meet greenroom. Once in the meeting, you can add others or copy the joining information to share. Please note, your camera and microphone will be on automatically if you select this option. You can turn them off once in the meeting.
- Schedule in Google Calendar: Go to Calendar in a new tab to create an event with Meet conferencing details automatically populated.
|New options to start a meeting from meet.google.com|
Users will still be able to enter a meeting code or nickname to join a meeting.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about joining a video meeting.
- Available to Google Workspace Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers. Also available to users with personal Google Accounts Google
- Workspace Essentials customers will not see the “Schedule in Google Calendar” option, but will have the other two options available.
Related Google News:
- A Google Cloud VMware Engine cheat sheet March 23, 2021
- Safeguarding time and attention with Google Workspace and Gmail March 23, 2021
- Google Workspace Frontline is now available March 23, 2021
- Next-gen virtual automotive showrooms are here, thanks to Google Cloud, Unreal Engine, and NVIDIA March 23, 2021
- Celebrating Women’s History Month at Google Canada: Meet Sylvie LaPerrière March 23, 2021
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- New and improved Google Chat UI on the web March 22, 2021
- Find files shared with you using updated search operators in Google Drive March 22, 2021