Investing in the Wear OS ecosystem
While it was early, we felt there was something really exciting about this next era of computing and we wanted to enable an ecosystem of partners by providing a flexible platform.
We’re really proud of the progress. We’ve also admired the amazing things others have done with wearables, and today we announced that Google has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Fitbit. The Fitbit team has built a great health and fitness experience that is loved by people all over the world.
This agreement underscores our belief in how important wearable tech has become, and it’s also an exciting opportunity for Wear OS. We’re looking forward to collaborating with Fitbit to bring the best of our smartwatch platforms and health applications together, and enabling our partners to build the next generation of wearables.
We’re hard at work on the next evolution of Wear OS—and if you’d like to join us, we’d love to hear from you.
Related Google News:
- Investing in America in 2021 March 18, 2021
- Creating custom Tiles on Wear OS by Google with the Jetpack Tiles library March 12, 2021
- Supporting the Python ecosystem February 11, 2021
- Wear a mask, wash your hands, don’t reuse your password! February 8, 2021
- How we’re helping to reshape the software supply chain ecosystem securely January 15, 2021
- Better together: Expanding the Confidential Computing ecosystem December 16, 2020
- Empowering customers and the ecosystem with an open cloud November 18, 2020
- Welcome Android Open Source Project (AOSP) to the Bazel ecosystem November 12, 2020