Introducing Gen C – The YouTube Generation
Gen C is a powerful new force in consumer culture. It’s a term we use to describe people who care deeply about creation, curation, connection and community. It’s not an age group; it’s an attitude and mindset defined by 8 key characteristics.
- Is a state of mind – 80%* of Gen C is made up of millennials. YouTube’s core (though by no means only) audience
- Strives for expression – 67%* of Gen C uploads their own photos to social networks
- Is a taste maker – 85%* of Gen C relies on peer approvals for buying decisions
- Defines the social network – 88%* of Gen C has a social profile, with 65%* updating it daily
- Uses YouTube as a habitat for entertainment – Gen C is 2X* more likely to be a YouTube viewer than the general population and 40%* more likely to be only a light TV viewer
- Is constantly connected – 91%* of Gen C sleeps next to a smartphone
- Connects on YouTube on all screens – 80%* of Gen C with a smartphone watch YouTube
- Values relevance and originality – 39%* aren’t opposed to ads when they are relevant.
*For further information click here.
Download Infographic below
Posted by Ali Turhan, Industry Analyst – Agency Strategy
Related Google News:
- PAIRED: A New Multi-agent Approach for Adversarial Environment Generation March 5, 2021
- Introducing Apache Spark Structured Streaming connector for Pub/Sub Lite March 5, 2021
- Google Cloud Born-Digital Summit: Inspiring the next generation of technology leaders March 2, 2021
- Introducing TensorFlow Videos for a Global Audience: Vietnamese March 1, 2021
- Introducing GKE Autopilot: a revolution in managed Kubernetes February 24, 2021
- A new choice for parents of tweens and teens on YouTube February 24, 2021
- Introducing Model Search: An Open Source Platform for Finding Optimal ML Models February 19, 2021
- Introducing Google Workspace for Education February 17, 2021
April 8, 2013