Introducing Cloud Domains: Easily register and manage custom domains
Using custom domain names can be a cumbersome process: you need to register a domain with a domain name registrar, verify the domain, and finally configure the DNS to map to your cloud products and services. The entire process requires dealing with multiple UIs, several steps and separate billing for domain registration.
At Google Cloud, we want to make it easy for you to register and use custom domains within our platform. Today, we’re introducing Cloud Domains in preview, which simplifies domain registration and management within Google Cloud.
Cloud Domains improves the custom domain experience for developers, increases security, and supports stronger integrations around DNS and SSL. It offers easy domain renewal through Cloud Billing, and permissions management through Cloud Identity & Access Management, reducing what was a multi-step process to configure a custom domain to just a few clicks.
Since Cloud Domains uses Google Domains — Google’s internet domain name registration service — as the registrar, customers can access a wide range of registrar features through Google Domains management console.
If your Google Cloud application requires a custom domain, you can gain a lot by using Cloud Domains:
- Simplified user experience: Cloud Domains greatly simplifies the custom domain registration and management experience in Google Cloud. Cloud Domains enables customers to register domain names natively within Google Cloud via the Google Cloud Console UI, gcloud, and API, and offers automatic domain verification based on user accounts. Domain registration pricing is simple and transparent with registration and renewals for .coms starting at $12/year. Privacy protection is included for free.
- End-to-end domain management: Cloud Domains simplifies domain management by performing automatic domain verification. For customers looking to use Cloud DNS, the Cloud Domains UI provides easy access to Cloud DNS to set up public zones and DNS records.
- Enhanced security: Cloud Domains provides one-click DNSSEC configuration when used in conjunction with Cloud DNS. Cloud Domains supports increased security with Cloud IAM permissions providing enterprise-grade access management.
- Managed billing with Google Cloud: Cloud Domains uses Google Cloud Billing so that you have a hassle-free domain renewal experience and a single place to manage all Google Cloud resources.
- API and gcloud: Cloud Domains comes with an API for domain management and registration that you can use to programmatically manage your domain portfolio.
Try Cloud Domains today
Registering and using a custom domain name should be simple. To learn more about how Cloud Domains can solve your domain management needs in Google Cloud, please visit https://cloud.google.com/domains.
Related Google News:
- Introducing GKE Autopilot: a revolution in managed Kubernetes February 24, 2021
- A look at the new Google Cloud Marketplace Private Catalog, now with Terraform support February 24, 2021
- Run Data Science at Scale with Dataproc and Apache Spark February 23, 2021
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- Scale model training in minutes with RAPIDS + Dask and NVIDIA GPUs on AI Platform February 23, 2021
- Partnering with Intel to accelerate cloud-native 5G February 23, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021