International Volunteer Day: a spotlight on GoVolunteer
In 2015, more than 1 million people sought asylum in Germany. Faced with this overwhelming humanitarian crisis, many Germans wanted to help but didn’t know how. Inspired by his fellow citizens’ willingness to lend a hand, Malte Bedürftig founded GoVolunteer, an online platform connecting people and corporations to volunteering opportunities and social initiatives. After GoVolunteer joined the Google for Nonprofits program, they gained more online visibility through Ad Grants and more team structure and efficiency through G Suite for Nonprofits.
“We were a group of people who wanted to help others, inspired by the dream of changing things,” says Malte. Since then, Malte and his friends have built GoVolunteer into a full-fledged nonprofit, connecting 250,000 people to more than 3,500 volunteer opportunities in 250 cities across Germany.
Today, in honor of the UN’s International Volunteer Day, we’re recognizing GoVolunteer and everyone else who makes time to help others. Watch the video to learn more about GoVolunteer’s journey and how Google for Nonprofits has supported their growth.
Share your own volunteer story with #IVD2019 and #InternationalVolunteerDay.
Related Google News:
- #AndroidDevJourney spotlight - March edition March 27, 2021
- TELUS International migrates key customer experience app to Google Cloud March 25, 2021
- Google Cloud Celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Celebrating International Women’s Day with 21 tech trailblazers March 8, 2021
- Celebrating International Women’s Day with Google Maps Platform Leaders March 8, 2021
- #AndroidDevJourney spotlight - February edition February 27, 2021
- Let’s finalize an international tax deal February 25, 2021
- We can’t heartly wait for Valentine’s Day February 13, 2021