Interactive post best practice: Involve friends
This is the first in a 2-part series that chronicles best practices for interactive posts. Come back next Monday to read the 2nd installment.
As part of our launch of Google+ Sign-In we introduced interactive posts: Google+ posts with custom calls-to-action button like buy, listen to, review, or just view. We’ve since found that interactive posts have a click-through rate that’s 3x higher than a standard share! In this two-part blog series we’ll cover a few best practices for incorporating interactive posts into your app. In today’s installment, we’ll review how +Fancy has integrated interactive posts into their app resulting in highly targeted, action-oriented shares. Let’s take a look at how they’ve done this:
When I create a group gift on Fancy, there’s a prompt to ask friends for contributions. Prominent placement of the button on the page encourages users not to miss it. When I send the post to friends they’ll see the “Contribute” button in the post, taking them back to Fancy to add funds. Fancy has also integrated Google Wallet so users can pay with just one click.
|When friends click “Contribute”, they’re deep linked into Fancy to pay|
Fancy designed their site to help users involve friends in meaningful ways. The action they want users to take is included as descriptive text on the share button, and it’s relevant to what users are doing on the site. This produces a clear and compelling case for involving friends. By giving users meaningful context why they should involve friends in your app and prominently displaying the call-to-action, you can create highly targeted, action-oriented shares.
To get started and for more info on interactive posts, visit https://developers.google.com/+/features/interactive-posts.
Related Google News:
- Discover the best products for everything on Google March 26, 2021
- New for education sites: Practice problems and Math solver structured data March 25, 2021
- Massively Parallel Graph Computation: From Theory to Practice March 18, 2021
- Expanding the Waymo Open Dataset with Interactive Scenario Data and New Challenges March 10, 2021
- 6 best practices for effective Cloud NAT monitoring February 8, 2021
- The best of Google, now in new devices January 14, 2021
- 4 best practices for ensuring privacy and security of your data in Cloud Storage January 12, 2021
- Migrating apps to containers? Why Migrate for Anthos is your best bet December 16, 2020