Indirect membership visibility and membership hierarchy APIs now generally available
Quick launch summary
We’re making it easier to identify, audit, and understand indirect group membership via the Cloud Identity Groups API. Specifically, we’re making the membership visibility and membership hierarchy APIs generally available. These were previously available in beta.
Using “nested” groups to manage access to content and resources can help decrease duplication, simplify administration, and centralize access management. However, nested groups can create a complex hierarchy that can make it hard to understand who ultimately has access and why. These APIs help provide all of the information you need to understand complex group structures and hierarchies, and can help you make decisions about who to add to or remove from your groups.
See our beta announcement for more information and use cases for the APIs.
- Admins and developers: See our developer documentation for more details on the Cloud Identity Groups API and the Membership Hierarchy and Visibility API Guide.
- End users: End users can use the API within the scope they have to create and manage groups. See our developer documentation for more details on how to use the Cloud Identity Groups API.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on January 28, 2020.
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Enterprise for Education and Cloud Identity Premium customers.
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise Essentials, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Next-gen virtual automotive showrooms are here, thanks to Google Cloud, Unreal Engine, and NVIDIA March 23, 2021
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- New and improved Google Chat UI on the web March 22, 2021
- Alternate runtimes makes it easier to build Google Workspace Add-ons, now generally available March 22, 2021
- The past, present and future of custom compute at Google March 22, 2021
- Additional language support for live captions in Google Meet on Android and iOS devices March 22, 2021
- Chrome can now caption audio and video March 18, 2021
- A2 VMs now GA—the largest GPU cloud instances with NVIDIA A100 GPUs March 18, 2021