Improvements to layouts in Google Meet
Quick launch summary
We’re making some changes in Meet to ensure you can better see who, and what, you need to see in your meetings. We hope that these improvements help remote meetings feel more like in-person meetings.
Tiled view with presentations
We recently announced tiled layout in Meet, where you can see up to 16 other participants in your meeting. We’re now making improvements to that layout to allow you to see other attendees even when someone is presenting. Presentations appear in a large tile, with the most active participants to the side or bottom.
Saved layout preference
When you choose a new layout, this layout will be automatically saved as your preferred layout. This means it will be automatically applied for your future meetings, until you select a new one.
Additional UI improvements
We’ve made some minor improvements to the meeting UI to better utilize the space on your screen.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: To learn more about the different layout options in Meet, check out the Help Center
- This feature is available now for all users.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google Accounts
Related Google News:
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Discover the best products for everything on Google March 26, 2021
- Run a transformed supply chain – see how at Google’s Digital Supply Chain summit March 25, 2021
- TELUS International migrates key customer experience app to Google Cloud March 25, 2021
- Meet the EMEA startups and scaleups redefining their industries with cloud technology March 25, 2021
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021