Improvements to Google Classroom: class links, SIS export, ApSki integration, and more
Quick launch summary
Today, we announced several new features that will help administrators, teachers, and students be more productive using our tools. See our Google for Education blog to learn more about these features and other upcoming launches in Google for Education.
Announced improvements to Google Classroom include:
- New to-do widgets: We’re adding a to-do widget for students and a to-review widget for teachers to help keep track of work in Google Classroom. Learn more.
- Join classes via link: Teachers can now send out links to classes, which students can join with a single click. This can help educators share classes anywhere they communicate with students, including in messaging platforms. Learn more.
- Student information systems (SIS) grade export: You can now export grades from Gradebook to your SIS. This can make it easier to keep track of grades in one central location. Learn more.
- Support for new languages: We’re launching Classroom in 10 additional Indian languages. Soon, Classroom will support over 54 languages globally.
In addition to these improvements, we’re also making other changes:
- Assignments now generally available: Assignments will move from beta to general availability. Learn more.
- Applied Digital Skills integration: You can now connect your Google Classroom account with Applied Digital Skills to import classes, student rosters, and assign Applied Digital Skills lessons more seamlessly. Learn more.
See our Google for Education blog to learn more about these features and other upcoming launches in Google for Education.
Admins, teachers, and end users
- Admins and teachers: Visit the Help Center to learn more about viewing students’ work, how to invite your students to class, exporting grades to SIS, and using Applied Digital Skills with Google Classroom.
- End users: There are no end user settings for these features.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on August 11, 2020
- Available to all G Suite editions.
Related Google News:
- 21 Google Cloud tools, each explained in under 2 minutes February 28, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 26, 2021 February 26, 2021
- Cash App uses Google Cloud to power mobile payments innovation and research February 26, 2021
- Troubleshooting services on Google Kubernetes Engine by example February 26, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: February updates from Google.org February 26, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Switchboard Live February 26, 2021
- Let Google Calendar automatically book a replacement room for your events February 25, 2021
- New Cloud Security Podcast by Google is here February 25, 2021