Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs
Quick launch summary
We’ve added two new ways that make it easier to find comments that require your attention and action in Google Docs on the web.
New comment activity since the last time you viewed a document will be “badged” with a blue dot. Additionally, when you hover over the blue dot, you’ll see a “New” banner.
In the Comments history dialog, we added new filtering options. You can sort comments by: “For you”, “All comments”, or “Resolved”.
We hope these improvements make collaboration easier by enabling you to quickly navigate to and take action on important comments and conversations.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using comments and action items.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 22, 2021
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 15, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts
Related Google News:
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Fostering innovation in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa February 22, 2021
- New Association functionality added to Search Console February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021