Improved mobile interface for new Groups
Quick launch summary
Earlier this year, we made new Groups generally available. The new experience featured an updated interface that made it easier to use on desktop devices. Now we’re also improving how new Groups looks when accessing it on a mobile web browser. The modern and streamlined interface matches the look and feel of new Groups on desktop, and makes it easier to complete common tasks, including:
- Finding groups by browsing, searching, or going to favorite groups
- Managing your membership settings for a group
- Reading conversations within a group
Note that not all group interactions are available on mobile. For example, you can’t post to a group or reply to a conversation on mobile. For full functionality, please use groups on a desktop device.
- Admins: The new interface will be ON by default for users unless you’ve turned off new Groups for your users. Use our Help Center to learn more about using new Groups on mobile, or moving your organization from classic to new Groups.
- End users: This feature is ON by default as long as your organization has not turned new Groups off for its users. To see it, go to groups.google.com via a web browser on a mobile device. Visit our Help Center to learn about new Groups on mobile.
Browse, sort, and search for groups on mobile
Read conversations within a group on mobile
Manage group membership and browser for groups in the main menu
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google Accounts
Related Google News:
- Cash App uses Google Cloud to power mobile payments innovation and research February 26, 2021
- Lyra: A New Very Low Bitrate Codec for Speech Compression February 25, 2021
- New Cloud Security Podcast by Google is here February 25, 2021
- New in BigQuery BI Engine: faster insights across popular BI tools February 25, 2021
- A look at the new Google Cloud Marketplace Private Catalog, now with Terraform support February 24, 2021
- A new choice for parents of tweens and teens on YouTube February 24, 2021
- Your Android is now even safer — and 5 other new features February 23, 2021
- New Password Checkup Feature Coming to Android February 23, 2021