Improved Google Meet experience on the Nest Hub Max
Quick launch summary
Earlier this year, we launched the ability to use Google Meet on Nest Hub Max in beta. Now, we’re making several updates to improve the experience of using Meet on this smart display. Specifically we’re adding:
- An in-call clock to keep meetings on schedule. Just tap on the screen to see it.
- Nameplates on user tiles to help you see who is in a meeting.
- Tap-to-pin specific users, so you can make an individual video feed larger if needed. Double tap on a feed to pin or unpin.
- 2×2 grid view, so you can see up to 4 meeting participants at once, including your own video.
- An overflow menu, so you can see call attendees not displayed in the grid view.
Pin a user to make an individual video feed larger
Use the overflow menu to see call attendees not displayed in the 2×2 grid
- Admins: These updates are available by default for any organizations in the Google Workspace with Google Assistant Beta program. Learn more and apply to join the beta.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default for any users who have already connected their Google Workspace account to a Nest Hub Max. Visit the Help Center to learn how to have a video meeting with your Google Nest Hub Max or learn more about connecting your Google Workspace account to your Nest Hub Max.
- These features are already available for all users.
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021
- Meet the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada Class of 2021 March 24, 2021
- Google Search sends more traffic to the open web every year March 24, 2021
- A Google Cloud VMware Engine cheat sheet March 23, 2021
- Safeguarding time and attention with Google Workspace and Gmail March 23, 2021
- Google Workspace Frontline is now available March 23, 2021