How Google for Nonprofits helps Thrive DC prevent homelessness
When Thrive DC opens its doors for breakfast at 8am every morning, 200 people walk in. They come for a hearty meal, to do laundry, take a shower, but also to attend job skills training, receive substance abuse counseling, or get back on their feet after incarceration. With 16 percent of the population in DC living in poverty, Thrive DC represents much more than a homeless services organization—it’s a new start.
To meet the needs of the people who rely on their services, Thrive DC needs to act fast and efficiently. Its staff of 16 people supports more than 2,000 clients every year. The key to its success is a productive team, a structured volunteer management system, and an efficient fundraising strategy. Watch the video to learn how Thrive DC uses Google for Nonprofits to get the work done faster and spend more time serving the community. Visit google.com/nonprofits to learn more about the program.
Related Google News:
- Retire your tech debt: Move vSphere 5.5+ to Google Cloud VMware Engine May 4, 2021
- New Dashboard in Google Developer Profiles May 4, 2021
- Databricks on Google Cloud is now generally available May 4, 2021
- Honoring Asian Pacific American Heritage Month at Google May 4, 2021
- Improve Google Cloud Search results with Contextual Boost May 3, 2021
- Google at ICLR 2021 May 3, 2021
- “Show Editors” provides more context on changes made in Google Docs May 3, 2021
- Updated Google Pay button increases click-through rates May 3, 2021