Host collaborative brainstorms with new digital whiteboarding integration in Google Meet
Quick launch summary
With the new Google Jamboard and Google Meet integration, you can now create or open an existing jam while on a Meet video call. This digital whiteboarding integration means you can use the Jamboard virtually to host collaborative brainstorming sessions with your coworkers or students in real-time, even when you can’t be in the same room.
You’ll also be able to save, share and continue the whiteboard at any time with Jamboard.
Note, you can only start or open a Jamboard during a Meet call if you joined the call on a computer. Video call participants on a mobile device or tablet will get a link to a Jamboard file and be directed to the Jamboard app.
Admins: This feature will be ON by default for all domains with Jamboard enabled. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning Jamboard on or off for your organization.
End users: There is no end user setting for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about whiteboarding in Meet.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on September 22, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google accounts.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming G Suite release.
Related Google News:
- Retire your tech debt: Move vSphere 5.5+ to Google Cloud VMware Engine May 4, 2021
- New Dashboard in Google Developer Profiles May 4, 2021
- Databricks on Google Cloud is now generally available May 4, 2021
- Honoring Asian Pacific American Heritage Month at Google May 4, 2021
- Improve Google Cloud Search results with Contextual Boost May 3, 2021
- Google at ICLR 2021 May 3, 2021
- “Show Editors” provides more context on changes made in Google Docs May 3, 2021
- Updated Google Pay button increases click-through rates May 3, 2021