Helping and celebrating Canadian small businesses
Many small businesses across the country temporarily closed their storefronts this year during the country-wide lockdown. According to the OECD, these closures are likely to hit small and medium-sized businesses the hardest. For many, digital tools have become a lifeline during this time.
- Add attributes like “online classes,” “online appointments,” or “online estimates” to their Business Profiles to let people know how they’re operating and what the offerings are.
- We’ve expanded Reserve with Google to help merchants offer easy appointment bookings for online services so customers can quickly find available times, book a slot, and add it to their Google Calendar. Millions of people have already booked in-person appointments thanks to integrations from our Reserve with Google partners.
- Lately, interest in food delivery and takeout has exploded. In response, we’ve added more third-party ordering providers, so people can order directly on Google. To give merchants even more control, we’ll soon be making it easier to indicate their preferred online ordering partners on their Business Profiles.
- Today people are deciding where to grab food not only based on the menu, but also on how easy it is to pick up safely. We added attributes like “curbside pickup,” “no contact delivery,” and “dine-in” so that restaurants can easily share these important details on their Business Profiles in Search and Maps. Since March, more than 3 million restaurants have added or edited their dining attributes. Some restaurateurs are even ditching dining areas for good.
Related Google News:
- Peer reviewed 'allow' and 'deny' software installation decisions to enable scalable protection March 3, 2021
- Inventory management with BigQuery and Cloud Run March 3, 2021
- Stadia Savepoint: January and February updates March 3, 2021
- SoD and technical documentation in an open source organization March 2, 2021
- Google Play Console powers better strategic decisions with new engagement metrics and unique… March 2, 2021
- Hear how digital businesses grew in our new podcast, PubCast March 2, 2021
- Our commitment to the privacy and security of Google Workspace customer data March 1, 2021
- Go faster and cheaper with Memorystore for Memcached, now GA March 1, 2021