Gumtree extend the reach of TV ads
Gumtree a network of online classifieds and community websites, wanted to extend the reach of their TV advertising on YouTube using TrueView ads. To achieve this, Gumtree harnessed the power of Google data to get the right ads in front of the right searchers.
Using TrueView ads Gumtree achieved a 26% view rate (45% above the benchmark), whilst maintaining a low cost per view at 2p (75% below the benchmark). Gumtree were also able to attract new visitors to their website with 59% of visitors from YouTube new to Gumtree.
Sam Diamond, Head of Brand and Communications at Gumtree highlighted the importance of YouTube in their media strategy by saying ‘We found TrueView easy to use, and an effective way of extending the reach of our TV advertising. We gained lots of interesting insight from our trial, and will now always consider YouTube as part of our media strategy’.
You can find the full Gumtree YouTube channel here.
For further details on YouTube TrueView ads click here or watch the short video below.
Posted by Ali Turhan, Industry Analyst – Agency Strategy Read More
Related Google News:
- Conversion modeling through Consent Mode in Google Ads April 15, 2021
- Our annual Ads Safety Report March 17, 2021
- These global projects expand the reach of fact-checks March 16, 2021
- City of San Jose ensures critical services reach community using AI translation March 4, 2021
- MongoDB and Google Extend Partnership To Drive Enterprise Cloud Modernization February 25, 2021
- New in Google Cloud VMware Engine: improved reach, networking and scale February 18, 2021
- Expanding the reach of your Android Auto apps January 28, 2021
- How Google Search ads Work December 4, 2020