Grow with Google takes digital skills training to the Illawarra community
Grow with Google has headed out on the road again for 2020, taking our specialist digital skills training program to the Illawarra region of New South Wales for the first time.
More than 300 Illawarra locals joined special training workshops at Shellharbour Civic Centre where they learned tips and tools from Google’s own digital experts to help them grow their businesses, careers and education.
We were joined by Shadow Assistant Treasurer and Member for Whitlam, Stephen Jones MP, and City of Shellharbour Mayor, Marianne Saliba – who officially opened the event.
The Grow with Google program – which features in person training and online resources – is designed to help address the digital skills gap in Australia.
At today’s small business workshop, Illawarra businesses learned how to have a strong presence online to attract new customers and gain better insights into what their customers wanted – and individuals at all stages of the digital journey picked up new skills.
We know that digital tools and skills can open up new opportunities for communities and businesses across the Illawarra. But many people are unsure what to do or where to begin, so we created Grow with Google to help bridge this gap.
One Illawarra business that is using digital tools to help grow their business is catering and fine foods company Culinarius. Business owner Rebecca Armstrong said they’ve focused on updating their online profile, responding to customer reviews, and learning insights from their web traffic.
Since 2014, Google has trained more than half a million people across Australia through online and in-person digital skills training, as well as curriculum integrated through school and partner programs.
We look forward to taking Grow with Google to every state and territory in 2020.
Posted by Richard Flanagan, Head of Small Business Marketing Read More
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- This week’s stories from Google Cloud: April 30, 2021 April 30, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: April updates from Google.org April 30, 2021
- Applications are now open for the first Google Cloud Accelerator Canada April 30, 2021
- Updated guidance to improve your app quality and discovery on Google Play April 29, 2021
- Trash to treasure: How Google thinks about deconstruction April 29, 2021
- Risk governance of digital transformation: guide for risk, compliance & audit teams April 29, 2021
- Five ways we’re making Google the safer way to search April 29, 2021