Google+ Roundup From I/O
This year’s event was our biggest and most amazing yet, and we shared it all with more than 5,500 developer attendees in person, and millions more in 172 countries around the world via I/O Live and I/O Extended.
Here are a few of the highlights from Google+:
- Launched Google+ Events, and Google+ tablet apps for Android and iOS.
- Extended the Google+ platform to mobile, with mobile web optimized social plugins and Google+ SDKs for iOS and Android (coming soon).
- Introduced new featured hangout apps, and showed off sandbox partners Google Art Project, MiniClip 8-ball Pool, Symphonical, and a preview of Dominion!
- Brought the Google+ history API into early developer preview, allowing sites and apps to privately save moments to their users’ Google+ history where users can, if they want, share those moments with others.
- Added +1 recommendations to help site owners show more relevant content to their users.
You can watch all nine Google+ session videos from I/O to learn more about the announcements, check out the beginnings of the Google+ developer showcase to get inspired, and attend this week’s Google+ platform office hours to have your questions answered.
Related Google News:
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Discover the best products for everything on Google March 26, 2021
- Run a transformed supply chain – see how at Google’s Digital Supply Chain summit March 25, 2021
- TELUS International migrates key customer experience app to Google Cloud March 25, 2021
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021
- Meet the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada Class of 2021 March 24, 2021