Google for Startups Accelerator: Meet the first (and fully-remote) Brazilian class of 2020
Posted by Rodrigo Carraresi, Developer Relations Regional Lead, Brazil
Since 2018, the Google for Startups Accelerator Brazil (previously Google Developers Launchpad Accelerator) has contributed to the growth of more than 30 Brazilian startups, such as EasyCrédito, Liv Up, and SmarttBot. With the help of renowned mentors and experts from Google and other leading organizations across the globe, we’re helping companies overcome technical challenges such as Cloud, AI, and machine learning.
Today, we’re proud to announce the ten startups selected for the first cohort of 2020, which will be held entirely on Google Hangouts due to the COVID-19 crisis:
- Bothub: creates chatbots in multiple languages using data from neuro-linguistic programming
- Caju: provides a benefit tracking platform for companies
- DeÔnibus: web platform for purchasing public transport tickets across Brazil
- GoFind: organizing store and product information to improve the supply chain, making the consumer experience more practical and convenient
- Isportistics: video interpretation and tagging for sports content, powered by AI.
- Jobecam: employment platform focused on helping with efficiency and more diversity in selection processes
- Loft: website for buying and selling luxury real estate
- Neomed: a marketplace simplifying the relationship between clinics, laboratories and hospitals that require high-quality medical reports
- Promobit: promotions and discounts mapping service, built in a community format.
- Real Valor: investment portfolio management platform
The three-month Google for Startups Accelerator offers assistance and tools to help startups that already have a funded product, but still face particular technical obstacles. This version of the program, which kicked off on April 13, was purposefully designed as an online version of the traditional Google for Startups Accelerator model and the selected companies will take advantage of the following:
- Tailored, one-on-one mentoring to work on practical aspects of a startup’s technical capabilities
- Support from Google people and product experts, as well as subject matter leaders and partner organizations around the world
- Google Cloud Platform credits
- Access to the Google for Startups network of like-minded founders & alumni around the world
Google for Startups Accelerator is just one of many Google for Startups’ initiatives in Brazil, which also include Campus São Paulo, support programs such as Residency and Startup Zone, open events such as Presents, and ongoing training workshops by the Startup School. Brazil has a strong startup ecosystem, a thriving hub of technology and innovation, and we are proud to help these founders grow and scale businesses that will change the world on a global scale.
Stay tuned throughout the course of the program on Google for Startups social channels to learn key takeaways, advice, and learnings from the latest Brazilian Accelerator program.
Related Google News:
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021
- New option to download third-party apps and domain wide delegation to CSV February 18, 2021
- Changes to information visibility in Meet quality tool, Meet audit log, and Reports API February 18, 2021
- Marian Croak’s vision for responsible AI at Google February 18, 2021
- First preview of Android 12 February 18, 2021
- Basis Universal Textures - Khronos Ratification and Support February 18, 2021