Google Developer Student Club 2021 Lead applications are open!
Posted by Erica Hanson, Global Program Manager, Google Developer Student Clubs
Hey, student developers! If you’re passionate about programming and are ready to use your technology skills to help your community, then you should become a Google Developer Student Clubs Lead!
Application forms for the upcoming 2021-2022 academic year are NOW OPEN. Get started at goo.gle/gdsc-leads.
Want to know more? Learn more about the program below.
What are Google Developer Student Clubs?
Google Developer Student Clubs are university based community groups for students interested in Google developer technologies. With clubs hosted in 106 countries around the world, students from undergraduate and graduate programs with an interest in leading a community are welcome. Together, students learn the latest in Android App Development, Google Cloud Platform, Flutter, and so much more.
By joining a GDSC, students grow their knowledge in a peer-to-peer learning environment and put theory to practice by building solutions for local businesses and their community.
How will I improve my skills?
As a Google Developer Student Club Lead you will have the chance to…
- Gain mentorship from Google.
- Join a global community of leaders.
- Practice by sharing your skills.
- Help students grow.
- Build solutions for real life problems.
How can I find a Google Developer Student Club near me?
Google Developer Student Clubs are now in 106 countries with 1250+ groups. Find a club near you or learn how to start your own, here.
When do I need to submit the Application form?
From working to solve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to helping local communities make informed voting decisions, Google Developer Student Club leads are learning valuable coding skills while making a true difference. As a lead from a Club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia put it,
“The secret to our club’s success was that we were able to cultivate a heart of service and a culture of open mentorship.”
We can’t wait to see what our next group of Google Developer Student Club leads will accomplish this year. Join the fun and get started, here.
*Google Developer Student Clubs are student-led independent organizations, and their presence does not indicate a relationship between Google and the students’ universities.
Related Google News:
- Chrome OS is paving the way for return to office at Google May 6, 2021
- A map of storage options in Google Cloud May 6, 2021
- New safety section in Google Play will give transparency into how apps use data May 6, 2021
- Plan a perfect weekend with new Google Assistant features May 6, 2021
- 13 best practices for user account, authentication, and password management, 2021 edition May 6, 2021
- PyTorch on Google Cloud: How To train PyTorch models on AI Platform May 5, 2021
- Additional admin controls for Google Voice ring groups May 5, 2021
- A handy new Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure product map May 5, 2021