Google Cloud Awarded Framework Agreement for Secure Cloud Services by Canadian Federal Government
Google Cloud has secured a Framework Agreement for Secure Cloud from the Canadian federal government. This agreement now enables Google Cloud to directly sell innovative cloud platform and collaboration technologies to federal agencies, helping them digitally transform and better serve their communities and constituents.
To secure this framework, Google Cloud was assessed by the Canadian federal government against all relevant security, privacy, and usability standards. While Google Cloud already works with several Canadian federal government agencies, the new agreement will permit Google Cloud to better support a wide range of federal departments, agencies, and crown corporations.
“Receiving a framework agreement for secure cloud services means we can now support programs that require high levels of data protection for government workloads,” said Mike Daniels, Vice President Global Public Sector, Google Cloud. “This new agreement reflects our continued investment and support for customers in the Canadian public sector, including the announcement of our second data center region in Toronto. It is another example of momentum we’re seeing as government agencies move to the cloud.”
Citizens have become accustomed to convenient, easy-to-use, digital services in their daily lives. Government organizations face increased pressure to deliver the same convenience as consumer experiences, often under financial constraints and using legacy systems. This new framework agreement with Google Cloud will enable governments to procure cloud services—and subsequently help close the gap between government and consumer services.
Related Google News:
- Add and manage four new types of citations in Google Docs March 31, 2021
- Modernizing your Google App Engine applications March 31, 2021
- How FFN accelerated their migration to a fully managed database in the cloud March 31, 2021
- Delivering high-performing global APIs with Apigee X and Cloud CDN March 31, 2021
- How fact checkers and Google.org are fighting misinformation March 31, 2021
- Google News Showcase is launching in Italy March 31, 2021
- Demystifying Cloud Spanner multi-region configurations March 31, 2021
- Say "Hey Google..." to the new Fiat 500 Family March 31, 2021