Google and the Super Bowl: Here to help
Ten years ago Google aired its first-ever commercial, during the 2010 Super Bowl. We’ve run several more Super Bowl ads in the years since. And on Sunday, viewers of this year’s game will see “Loretta,” which tells the story of a man who uses the Google Assistant to keep the memory of his love alive.
The ad reflects our goal to build products that help people in their daily lives, in both big and small ways. Sometimes that’s finding a location, sometimes it’s playing a favorite movie, and sometimes it’s using the Google Assistant to remember meaningful details.
“Loretta” has a few other things in common with our “Parisian Love” commercial from 10 years ago. Both are simple love stories told through the lens of our products. Both were inspired by real people—in fact, the voice you hear throughout “Loretta” is the grandfather of a Googler, whose story we drew from to create the ad. At 85, to an audience of millions, he’ll be making his film debut. We couldn’t be happier for him.
As we look forward to this weekend’s game, we’re also releasing “A little help before the Super Bowl,” which celebrates the questions people ask about the game every year, based on Google Trends data. The teams, cities and performers of the Super Bowl change from year to year, but searches about the game remain consistent. Here’s a look at what people are turning to Search to find out about the big day.
From the biggest moments to the everyday questions, and the little things in between—Google always aims to help. Enjoy the game!
Related Google News:
- New Cloud Security Podcast by Google is here February 25, 2021
- Reminder: Ending support for IE11 for all Google Workspace apps on March 15 February 25, 2021
- Framework for building a configuration driven data lake using Data Fusion and Composer February 25, 2021
- How Sabre Corporation implemented a culture of secure innovation with Google Cloud and Palo… February 25, 2021
- Accelerate data science workflows with Looker, plus free training to help get started February 25, 2021
- Celebrating the influence and contributions of Black+ Security & Privacy Googlers February 25, 2021
- Easily locate the source file for embedded Drive video and audio files in Google Slides February 25, 2021
- Students Learn Android App Development with Google Developer Student Clubs February 25, 2021