Get the guide: Innovative mapping solutions for today’s customer needs
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the development of new customer behaviors. From buying essential goods online and picking up your order from the nearest store, to opting for delivery instead of dining out, these behaviors are likely here to stay. According to a study by IHL Group, “Buy Online, Pick Up In Store” (BOPIS) was by far the fastest-growing area of e-commerce before the pandemic. These days, it’s gained even greater momentum. Since March 2020, 60% of customers report that they’ve changed their shopping habits¹. Now, they’re prioritizing convenience, availability, and safety.
Businesses should meet customers where they are by considering new technology solutions to provide seamless in-store pickup and efficient delivery. We’ve created a new Google Maps Platform delivery and pickup guide to help you build your own experiences to improve the customer journey and your operational efficiency. In this guide, you can see examples of the APIs and foundational tech stack that can help you build for your organization, and examples of businesses just like yours who are already transforming today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunity.
Google Maps Platform is designed to support a seamless BOPIS experience, With our APIs, you can help customers sail through checkout, learn about nearby store locations, get turn-by-turn directions to confidently pick up their purchase, while giving store employees visibility into customer arrival to reduce wait times.
You can also improve your delivery experience to delight customers, support drivers, and simplify the dispatching process. For example, you can minimize delivery errors and provide real-time tracking so your customers are never left wondering about their order’s ETA—or worrying that it’s headed to the wrong address. Learn how companies, like one of France’s fastest-growing meal delivery services, reduced customer inquiries about delivery status by 75% after implementing delivery solutions with Google Maps Platform.
While this year presented unique challenges for everyone, it also opened up opportunities to shape the future of shopping. Download the guide to learn how your organization can use innovative mapping capabilities to improve conversions, simplify deliveries, and optimize store pickups.
For more information on Google Maps Platform, visit our website.
ٰ¹ McKinsey & Company COVID-19 Consumer Pulse surveys
Related Google News:
- Accelerate data science workflows with Looker, plus free training to help get started February 25, 2021
- Conversational AI with Apigee API Management for enhancing customer experiences February 25, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021
- Chromebooks get an education refresh February 17, 2021
- New to Google Cloud? Here are a few training options to help you get started February 17, 2021
- New whitepaper: CISO’s guide to Cloud Security Transformation February 16, 2021
- Huddle up: Here’s your guide to football’s biggest day February 3, 2021
- Marvel at Maria Island with today’s Google Doodle January 25, 2021