Get a Snapshot of your day with Google Assistant
Two years ago, we introduced Google Assistant Snapshot, a new way to stay on top of your day with Google Assistant. Now, we’re adding a few updates to make Snapshot more helpful, and proactive, in keeping you ahead of your upcoming tasks while also providing you with recommended activities and more, all in one place on Android or iOS devices.
See a summary of your most important tasks
In addition to the essential information you’ve grown to rely on like your agenda, commute times and reminders to pay your credit card, you’ll now start to see a summary of other important tasks right at the top—things like reminders for upcoming birthdays and holidays. Your Snapshot will adjust based on the time of day and your interactions with Google Assistant. For example, in the morning you will see a card about your commute, weather, to-dos and top headlines.
Find helpful recommendations for dinner, activities and podcasts
Beyond that, we’re also adding tailored recommendations based on your preferences for recipes, podcasts and even nearby restaurants that deliver. Want some dinner inspiration? Just tap to check out new recipes you may want to try. You’ll also see recipe recommendations during different times of the day.
Just say “Hey Google, show me my day” to get started
Currently, you can view your Snapshot by activating Google Assistant and tapping on the icon in the bottom left corner. Now we’re making it even easier: Just say, “Hey Google, show me my day.” This functionality is live for those using English as their default language and will continue to roll out to additional languages in the coming months.
Get important notifications from your Google Assistant
Snapshot is the best place to see everything you’ve got going on in one place, and for important tasks right around the corner, Google Assistant will send a notification to make sure you don’t miss it. Google Assistant can send notifications to your phone with important information like flight and event updates, upcoming bills and due date reminders, and we’re adding even more features to help you stay on top of your day. In English-speaking markets, we’ll be adding upcoming birthdays. When you tap on the notification, you’ll be taken to the related Snapshot card to take action with suggestions like calling, texting or even singing a personalized birthday song.
This is just the beginning. We will continue to explore new ways for Google Assistant to be there to help before you even need to ask for it.
Related Google News:
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Celebrating Earth Day with our inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator: Climate Change cohort April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Choosing the right orchestrator in Google Cloud April 21, 2021
- Use Virtual Private Cloud Service Controls to create security perimeters around Google Cloud… April 21, 2021
- Google Meet now gives you more space for content and control over layouts for a more… April 21, 2021
- Your Chromebook gets a little more helpful April 21, 2021
- Making meetings more immersive, inclusive, and productive with Google Meet April 21, 2021