From puzzles to poster-making: 2019’s Google Play Award winners
To kick off this year’s Google I/O, we hosted our fourth annual Google Play Award ceremony to recognize the most innovative developers behind the top apps and games on Google Play over the past year. These apps and games had stiff competition across nine categories, including new additions like Most Inventive, Best Living Room Experience and Most Beautiful Game. We’re sharing the winners that rose to the top for providing the best experiences for fans, making an impact on their communities and raising the bar for quality content on Google Play.
Standout Well-Being App
Apps empowering people to live the best version of their lives, while demonstrating responsible design and engagement strategies.
Best Accessibility Experience
Apps and games enabling device interaction in an innovative way that serve people with disabilities or special needs.
Best Social Impact
Apps and games that create a positive impact in communities around the world (focusing on health, education, crisis response, refugees, and literacy).
Most Beautiful Game
Games that exemplify artistry or unique visual effects either through creative imagery, and/or utilizing advanced graphics API features.
Best Living Room Experience
Apps that create, enhance, or enable a great living room experience that brings people together.
Apps and games that display a groundbreaking new use case, like utilize new technologies, cater to a unique audience, or demonstrate an innovative application of mobile technology for users.
Standout Build for Billions Experience
Apps and games with optimized performance, localization and culturalization for emerging markets.
Best Breakthrough App
New apps with excellent overall design, user experience, engagement, retention and strong growth.
Best Breakthrough Game
New games with excellent overall design, user experience, engagement, retention and strong growth.
To check out this year’s winners, head over to play.google.com/gpa2019.
Related Google News:
- New Google Vault interface will become the only experience starting on May 24, 2021 March 2, 2021
- Back by popular demand: Google Cloud products in 4 words or less (2021 edition) March 2, 2021
- Google Cloud Born-Digital Summit: Inspiring the next generation of technology leaders March 2, 2021
- SAP customers transform documents into data with OpenText on Google Cloud March 2, 2021
- Gartner names Google a leader in 2021 Magic Quadrant for Cloud AI Developer Services report March 2, 2021
- Google Play Console powers better strategic decisions with new engagement metrics and unique… March 2, 2021
- Our commitment to the privacy and security of Google Workspace customer data March 1, 2021
- Join Google Meet calls from third-party video conferencing systems more easily March 1, 2021