From Cambodia to Colombia, nonprofits spark change
In Australia, a koala returns to the wild after surviving devastating bushfires. It’s safe and healthy thanks to WWF Australia. Over 10,000 miles away in Colombia, at-risk teens dance together in a program designed by Vive Bailando.
Head to Portugal and you’ll see Just a Change fighting poverty by rebuilding homes—and lives. In India, The Madras Crocodile Bank Trust educates communities about venomous snake bite prevention. The Halo Trust clears landmines in Cambodia, while Amref Health Africa helps women in rural Kenya have healthy pregnancies. The U.S. National Domestic Workers Alliance promotes dignity and fairness for essential care workers, and the Italian Red Cross is devoted to COVID-19 relief.
Though these nonprofits are in different locations and have unique missions, they all share one thing in common: their actions create hope for a better, safer world. Google for Nonprofits is honored to support organizations like these, and we’re inspired by their tireless efforts to address society’s most pressing issues.
This giving season, to nonprofits around the world, we say, “Thank you.”
Related Google News:
- How we’re supporting startups combating climate change March 10, 2021
- Introducing Apache Spark Structured Streaming connector for Pub/Sub Lite March 5, 2021
- Run Data Science at Scale with Dataproc and Apache Spark February 23, 2021
- Google tools support more nonprofits in new ways December 14, 2020
- YouTube Giving makes it easier to support nonprofits December 1, 2020
- Help for Asia’s change-making nonprofit leaders November 23, 2020
- Driving change: How Geotab is modernizing applications with Google Cloud September 15, 2020
- Helping Canadian nonprofits connect with local communities August 26, 2020