Find voting and ballot drop box locations on Google
This year, searches for “how to vote” in the U.S. are higher than ever before. To make it easier to find information about how and where to vote—regardless of your preferred voting method—we’ve launched election-related features with information from trusted and authoritative organizations in Google Search.
Starting today, when you go to Google Search and Maps for information on where to vote, you’ll find helpful features that show the voting locations closest to you. On Google, search for things like “early voting locations” or “ballot drop boxes near me” and you’ll find details on where you can vote in person or return your mail-in ballot, whether you’re voting early or on Election Day. It will also include helpful reminders, like to bring your ballot completed and sealed.
Just as easily, you’ll soon be able to ask, “Hey Google, where do I vote?” and Google Assistant will share details on where to vote nearby on your Assistant-enabled phone, smart speaker or Smart Display.
After you’ve selected a voting location or ballot drop box in your area, you can click through from Google Search or Google Assistant to Google Maps for quick information about how far it is, how to get there, and voting hours. Similarly, if you search for your voting location in Google Maps you’ll have easy access to the feature in Search to help you confirm where you can cast your vote.
The official information in this feature comes from the Voting Information Project, a partnership between Democracy Works, a nonprofit, nonpartisan civic organization, and state election officials. Through the Voting Information Project, we plan to have more than 200,000 voting locations available across the country. For places where voting locations are not yet available, we’ll surface state and local election websites. As more locations become available, or if there are changes, we’ll continue to update the information provided across Google Search, Assistant and Maps.
Related Google News:
- Run Data Science at Scale with Dataproc and Apache Spark February 23, 2021
- Announcing the 12 remarkable innovators selected for the upcoming Google for Startups… February 22, 2021
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Fostering innovation in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021