Fee relief to support our news partners during COVID-19
During times of global crisis, people rely on quality journalism to stay informed and safe. And the ads that appear alongside news coverage help fund the journalists who write breaking news stories, and keep news sites and apps running.
Many news publishers around the world use Google Ad Manager to support their digital businesses with advertising. As the coronavirus pandemic takes a toll on our global economy, theGoogle News Initiative is working to identify ways to provide immediate financial support to those news organizations around the world producing original journalism.
That’s why we’ve decided to waive ad serving fees for news publishers globally on Ad Manager for five months. Over the coming days, we’ll notify our news partners that meet the requirements about the details of the program, and what they can expect to see in their account statements.
This builds on the GNI’s Journalism Emergency Relief Fund, which is delivering aid to thousands of small and local news publishers globally, and other programs to support the industry. With these efforts, we aim to help news organizations reduce some of the cost of managing their businesses and funding important journalism during this time.
Related Google News:
- Google News Showcase is launching in Italy March 31, 2021
- Some first numbers on how News Showcase is working March 31, 2021
- How Cloud Technology Can Help Support Economic Recovery March 30, 2021
- Three lessons learned from a year of COVID-19 response March 25, 2021
- How AI helps volunteers support LGBTQ youth in crisis March 24, 2021
- Road to recovery: How Google Cloud is helping states get the COVID-19 vaccine to more people March 22, 2021
- Additional language support for live captions in Google Meet on Android and iOS devices March 22, 2021
- Our annual Ads Safety Report March 17, 2021