Extending Chrome on Windows 7 to Support our Enterprise Customers
This year has presented a lot of challenges for organizations of all sizes. Facing difficult business and technology decisions, supporting a changing work environment, and navigating uncertainty are among just a few of the issues IT leaders have faced over the course of 2020. While the past few months served as a catalyst for technology investments and digital transformation initiatives for many organizations, for others, some planned IT projects may have had to take a back seat.
After assessing the current situation, and based on feedback from our valued enterprise customers, Chrome is extending our support for Windows 7 until at least January 15, 2022. That’s a 6-month extension from our previously communicated date of July 15, 2021. We’ll continue to evaluate the conditions our enterprise customers are facing, and communicate any additional changes in the future.
Migrating to Windows 10 was a part of many organizations’ roadmap for the year. But as new priorities for IT teams emerged, we’ve heard that 21% of organizations are still in the process of migrating to Windows 10.1 With this extension of support, enterprises with their upgrades still in progress can rest assured that their users remaining on Windows 7 will continue to benefit from Chrome’s security and productivity benefits. IT teams can also take advantage of Chrome’s existing enterprise capabilities and future roadmap, including our continued investment in cloud management, enterprise security capabilities, and our plans to integrate more closely with the broader ecosystem across the operating system versions.
Our hope is that this extension gives our enterprise customers the flexibility they need to continue supporting their workforce, while moving off of Windows 7 as their situation allows. For more information on how Chrome supports enterprises, visit chrome.com/enterprise.
1. Source: Kantar study commissioned by Google Chrome Enterprise, Q2 2020
Related Google News:
- Reminder: Ending support for IE11 for all Google Workspace apps on March 15 February 25, 2021
- MongoDB and Google Partner To Drive Enterprise Cloud Modernization February 25, 2021
- MongoDB and Google Extend Partnership To Drive Enterprise Cloud Modernization February 25, 2021
- VaxCare simplifies vaccine management with Android Enterprise February 25, 2021
- A look at the new Google Cloud Marketplace Private Catalog, now with Terraform support February 24, 2021
- Our all-new TalkBack screen reader February 23, 2021
- Basis Universal Textures - Khronos Ratification and Support February 18, 2021
- Celebrate Black creative visions with Chrome February 18, 2021