ESG quantifies benefits of moving Microsoft workloads to Google Cloud
Customers tell us there are many benefits and opportunities to reduce costs that can be unlocked from migrating and modernizing Microsoft and Windows Server-based workloads to Google Cloud. We recently worked with the Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) to run an economic validation study across Google Cloud customers who have migrated or modernized their Microsoft and Windows Server-based workloads to the cloud. What they found quantifies and reinforces what we are hearing from customers.
According to the ESG study, customers that move Windows workloads to Google Cloud can see the following benefits:
Significantly reduced licensing and hardware costs—from 32% to to 88% depending on workload
Improved agility and a better customer experience, for example, 65% improved load times
Reduced risk and an improved security posture
The ability to leverage managed services for license usage and manageability efficiency
Google Cloud offers a first-class experience for Microsoft workloads like SQL Server and any Windows Server-based applications, all backed by enterprise grade support. Moving Windows workloads to Google Cloud lets you increase IT agility and reduce your on-prem footprint. We simplify the proof-of-concept and technological validation process to reduce risk during the migration. Google Cloud can also help optimize your license expense and exposure by increasing the license usage efficiency on the underlying infrastructure through innovative features like custom VM shapes and sole tenant nodes. Managed services for SQL Server and Active Directory, robust Windows container support, and an opinionated modernization path off of the Microsoft stack to open source, provide the tools you need to achieve your strategic IT goals.
We are pleased this report further validates and complements the value that customers realize from choosing Google Cloud for their Windows Server and Microsoft workloads. Register to download this report to get all the details.
Related Google News:
- Announcing the 12 remarkable innovators selected for the upcoming Google for Startups… February 22, 2021
- End a Google Meet video call for everyone at once February 22, 2021
- More options for sharing your availability in Google Calendar February 22, 2021
- Improvements for locating new comments and important conversations in Google Docs February 22, 2021
- What’s in a name? Understanding the Google Cloud network “edge” February 22, 2021
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - February 19, 2021 February 19, 2021
- Architect your data lake on Google Cloud with Data Fusion and Composer February 19, 2021
- Black History Month: Celebrating the success of Black founders with Google Cloud: Get Optimal Tech February 19, 2021