Enhanced campaigns improvements for Google+ and mobile apps
We’ve also continued to build new features on the enhanced campaigns foundation. Today, we are introducing two additions.
Enhanced campaigns and social annotations
People are looking for relevant information, and sometimes the most helpful signals are recommendations from people who know a brand or business well. Social annotations in AdWords show endorsements from people following your Google+ page on your search ads. Many businesses such as Red Bull, National Geographic and H&M are using social annotations as part of their broader Google+ strategy. On average, search ads with social annotations have a 5-10% higher click-through rate.
Starting today, enhanced campaigns will include social annotations when they can improve ad performance, without additional edits to campaign settings. All you need is a Google+ page with a significant number of followers and a linked website that matches the URL in your search ads. Learn more about how this works.
Social annotations on AdWords work hand-in-hand with your Google+ page to build community, conversation and engagement with your business on Google. Learn more about getting your business started on Google+.
Enhanced campaigns for mobile app advertisers
Apps have become a significant part of people’s everyday mobile experiences. In fact, US consumers spend an average of 127 minutes per day using mobile apps. Advertisers can now reach app users, with ads in apps, based on people’s context like location, time of day and device, with enhanced campaigns. For example, if a certain mobile app has the most usage on Saturday evenings, you can increase your bid adjustments for mobile and this time of day to reach these users. You can also adjust bids across the key display signals like demographics, interests, topics and remarketing at the ad group level. All of these powerful bidding tools will enable you to reach the right people with the right ads.
Upgrading strategies webinar tomorrow
After upgrading, you’ll be able to start using all of the new features in enhanced campaigns. Join us tomorrow, Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 10am PDT, for a Learn with Google webinar about upgrade strategies (sign up here).
We really value your feedback to help us make AdWords even better. Please continue to share your thoughts using this form so we can continue to improve the product.
Posted by: Christian Oestlien, Director of Product Management, Google Display Network
Related Google News:
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Discover the best products for everything on Google March 26, 2021
- Run a transformed supply chain – see how at Google’s Digital Supply Chain summit March 25, 2021
- Four ways CSPs can harness data, automation, and AI to create business value March 25, 2021
- TELUS International migrates key customer experience app to Google Cloud March 25, 2021
- Meet the EMEA startups and scaleups redefining their industries with cloud technology March 25, 2021
- New for education sites: Practice problems and Math solver structured data March 25, 2021
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021