Dark theme now available for Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android
Quick launch summary
We’re enhancing Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android with Dark theme support. Dark theme will intelligently adjust the product interface and user-generated content in ways that can make it more usable in low-light environments and save battery life.
Settings for Docs, Sheets, and Slides will adjust automatically when the Android system is set to use Dark theme. You can also turn dark mode on or off for Docs, Sheets, or Slides independently. If you do this, each app will always be in the selected theme regardless of the Android system settings.
Docs, Sheets, and Slides in Dark Theme
- Admins: No action needed.
- End users: This feature will automatically respect the Android system settings. Dark theme can also be enabled in the Docs, Sheets, or Slides apps individually by going to Menu > Settings > Theme > Dark in each app. When using Dark theme, you can preview your current document or sheet in the Light theme using More > View in light theme. Visit our Help Center to learn more about Dark theme in Google Docs, Sheets & Slides.
Choose your theme
View in light theme
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 6, 2020.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal accounts
Related Google News:
- EdTechs transform education with AI and Analytics April 30, 2021
- Tips and shortcuts for a more productive spring April 30, 2021
- Applications are now open for the first Google Cloud Accelerator Canada April 30, 2021
- Updated guidance to improve your app quality and discovery on Google Play April 29, 2021
- When artists and machine intelligence come together April 29, 2021
- Go from Database to Dashboard with BigQuery and Looker April 28, 2021
- Introducing Android Earthquake Alerts outside the U.S. April 28, 2021
- Loud and clear: AI is improving Assistant conversations April 28, 2021