Create 3D games with friends, no experience required
Let’s say you have an idea for a video game. It could be a first-person action game starring a snail on the (slow) run from the law, or a multiplayer game featuring only pugs. There’s only one problem: You’ve never built a game before. You don’t know how to program.You don’t know any 3D artists. And every tool you find won’t let you collaborate with friends.
What if creating games could be as easy and fun as playing them? What if you could enter a virtual world with your friends and build a game together in real time? Our team within Area 120, Google’s workshop for experimental projects, took on this challenge. Our prototype is called Game Builder, and it is free on Steam for PC and Mac.
Built for gamers
Game Builder aims to make building a game feel like playing a game. If you’ve crafted a fort or dug a mine in a game, you already know how to build a 3D level in Game Builder.
Multiple users can build (or play) simultaneously. You can even have friends play the game as you work on it.
No code required
Bring your games to life with Game Builder’s card-based visual programming system. Drag and drop cards to “answer” questions, such as, “How do I move?” You can make moving platforms, scoreboards, healing potions, drivable cars and more.
Thousands of 3D models
From pugs to rocket ships, there are thousands of options available to craft your characters. Find 3D models on Google Poly and use them in your game instantly.
If you’ve ever wanted to build a video game, but didn’t know where to start, check out Game Builder on Steam. (And if you end up making that snail-on-the-run game, we can’t wait to play.)
Related Google News:
- 8 ways you can control your Maps experience February 9, 2021
- Eventarc: A unified eventing experience in Google Cloud January 15, 2021
- How Cloud Operations helps users of Wix’s Velo development platform provide a better… January 13, 2021
- Improved mobile device management rules experience in the Admin console January 13, 2021
- Introducing a new dashboard creation experience in Cloud Monitoring December 17, 2020
- Pixel artists take time to refresh, reflect and create December 16, 2020
- Ready to play? New games on your Smart Display December 16, 2020
- Create a secure and code-free data pipeline in minutes using Cloud Data Fusion December 16, 2020