Control background replacement in Google Meet with a new Admin setting
We’re adding the ability for admins to enable or disable the use of custom or preset backgrounds in Google Meet for meetings organized by an organizational unit (OU) level.
The setting will determine whether meeting participants can change their background when joining a meeting. For example, when the setting is OFF for the meeting organizer, participants will not have the option to change their background regardless of their own settings.
- Admins: This feature will be ON by default and can be disabled at the OU or group level. Note: the “Let users select custom images” option will be disabled by default for Education and Enterprise for Education domains. Visit the Help Center to learn more about controlling whether users can change their backgrounds in Meet.
In the Google Meet section of the Admin console, within the Meet video settings, you can control whether users can change their backgrounds in Meet.
- End users: No action required. When enabled by your admin, visit the Help Center to learn more about changing your background in a video meeting.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 27, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Picture this: 10 whiteboard sketch videos that bring Google Cloud to life March 24, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- India’s Google Developer Groups meet up to ace their Google Cloud Certifications March 24, 2021
- Sustainable Monetized Websites: A new video series March 24, 2021
- Meet the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada Class of 2021 March 24, 2021
- Google Search sends more traffic to the open web every year March 24, 2021
- A Google Cloud VMware Engine cheat sheet March 23, 2021
- Safeguarding time and attention with Google Workspace and Gmail March 23, 2021