Context-Aware Access for SAML apps now generally available
Quick launch summary
In April, we announced a beta which enabled admins to control access to SAML apps based on context. Now, we’re making this feature generally available.
You can use Context-Aware Access (CAA) to create granular access control policies for pre-integrated SAML apps or custom SAML apps based on attributes including the user, location, device security status, and IP address. This can improve your security posture by reducing the chances that there’s unintended access to specific apps and the data in them.
See our beta announcement for more details on how the feature works and how you can use it. CAA can be used for SAML apps (policy evaluation on sign-in) that use Google as the identity provider. A third-party identity provider (IdP) can also be used (third-party IdP federates to Google Cloud Identity and Google Cloud Identity federates to SAML apps). Visit our Help Center to see how to set up single sign-on for managed Google Accounts using third-party Identity providers.
- Admins: This feature will be available by default. Any policies created during the beta will persist when the feature becomes generally available.
- End users: No end-user impact until turned on by the admin.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on September 1, 2020
- Available to G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, G Suite for Nonprofits, G Suite Essentials, and Cloud Identity Free customers
Related Google News:
- Cloud SQL for SQL Server—now with Active Directory authentication March 30, 2021
- Google and the National Science Foundation expand access to cloud resources March 29, 2021
- Student applications for Google Summer of Code 2021 are now open! March 29, 2021
- High throughput VM logging and metrics agent now in Preview March 23, 2021
- Google Workspace Frontline is now available March 23, 2021
- Alternate runtimes makes it easier to build Google Workspace Add-ons, now generally available March 22, 2021
- Chrome can now caption audio and video March 18, 2021
- A2 VMs now GA—the largest GPU cloud instances with NVIDIA A100 GPUs March 18, 2021