Coming soon: See read receipts on direct messages in Google Chat
Quick launch summary
No sooner than October 5, you’ll be able to see when your Google Chat direct messages have been seen. This will only apply in active chat windows for one-on-one conversations on Android, iOS, and the web. In these messages, you’ll see the avatar of the person you’re chatting with to the right of the last message they’ve seen.
|See when your Google Chat message has been read|
Read receipts will show a sender when a message has been read by the recipient or if the recipient has replied to a message from a notification. Read receipts won’t be visible in group messages or rooms.
This feature was previously available in classic Hangouts and is now available in Google Chat.
Stay tuned on the G Suite Updates blog for more information on exact timing.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: There is no end user setting for this feature.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) no sooner than October 5, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Updated guidance to improve your app quality and discovery on Google Play April 29, 2021
- Trash to treasure: How Google thinks about deconstruction April 29, 2021
- Five ways we’re making Google the safer way to search April 29, 2021
- How we fought Search spam on Google in 2020 April 29, 2021
- Google’s research & data insights solution makes next-generation research accessible April 28, 2021
- Google Translate: One billion installs, one billion stories April 28, 2021
- Agent installation options for Google Cloud VMs April 28, 2021
- Creating safer cloud journeys with new security features and guidance for Google Cloud and Workspace April 28, 2021