Come celebrate the art of indie games with us
Today we’re announcing the 2020 edition of the Google Play Indie Games Festival, a celebration of the passion, creativity and innovation that indie game developers bring to the Google Play store.
This year we will host three competitions for indie game developers from Japan, South Korea and several European countries. The top 20 creators in each region will be chosen to showcase their games at public events in Tokyo, Seoul and Warsaw. Players, industry experts and the Google Play team will vote to select the top 10, and from there, three winners for each regional contest will be crowned.
Prizes are designed to help indie developers showcase their games and grow their businesses on Google Play. This includes things like promotions on the Google Play Store and chances to network with industry experts and influencers. Winners could even go home with the latest Android devices, which can help them curb development costs.
If you make indie games and meet the eligibility criteria, enter your game by March 2, 2020.
The contests aren’t just for developers, though. If you like playing unique, creative, high quality games, you can sign up to attend the final events in Warsaw, Tokyo and Seoul, where you’ll get the chance to play the games, meet the developers, vote for your favorites, help choose the winners….and of course, have a little fun.
Need some inspiration? Check out the winners of the 2019 edition in Europe.
Related Google News:
- Celebrate Black creative visions with Chrome February 18, 2021
- Ready to play? New games on your Smart Display December 16, 2020
- Our heads are in the clouds at the Museum of Borgmon Modern Art December 15, 2020
- How to host a group video call to celebrate the holidays December 14, 2020
- Celebrate #CSEdWeek with Google Developers! December 7, 2020
- Organizing the world’s information: where does it all come from? December 3, 2020
- A closer look at 2020’s best apps and games from Google Play December 1, 2020
- Celebrating the Developers Behind the Best Apps and Games of 2020 December 1, 2020