Chromecast: now casting in 11 more countries
Superheroes, cliff divers, fearless reporters or pop icons—whatever you like to watch, Chromecast makes it easy to bring it from a phone, tablet or laptop to the biggest screen in your house: the TV. Since announcing Chromecast in the U.S., we’ve grown to include more of your favorite apps and websites. Those numbers will continue to grow, and we want to bring Chromecast to more people around the world. Today Chromecast is available in an additional 11 countries—Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the U.K.
In addition to your favorite apps like YouTube, Google Play Movies, Google Play Music and Netflix (where available), we’re working with local content providers to bring even more of the movies and TV shows you love to Chromecast. Apps will start rolling out today, and include BBC iPlayer in the U.K.; France TV Pluzz and SFR TV in France with CANALPLAY coming soon; and Watchever in Germany with Maxdome coming soon. So instead of huddling around your laptop to watch Sherlock solve the next crime or getting caught up on all the workplace drama in Stromberg, you can cast it, sit back, and watch together on the big screen.
Chromecast will keep getting better. We recently opened up Chromecast to developers, and in a few short weeks more than 3,000 developers worldwide have signed up to bring their apps and websites to Chromecast. You’ll soon have more TV shows, movies, videos, sports, music and games to choose from. Stay up-to-date on the latest apps that work with Chromecast at chromecast.com/apps.
So if you’re in one of these 11 countries, look for Chromecast starting today at Amazon, Google Play, Currys PC World, Elkjøp, FNAC, Saturn, Media Markt and other retailers.
Related Google News:
- Customize notification frequency with more options in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail March 22, 2021
- Alternate runtimes makes it easier to build Google Workspace Add-ons, now generally available March 22, 2021
- Road to recovery: How Google Cloud is helping states get the COVID-19 vaccine to more people March 22, 2021
- Chrome can now caption audio and video March 18, 2021
- A2 VMs now GA—the largest GPU cloud instances with NVIDIA A100 GPUs March 18, 2021
- Google People API now supports batch mutates and searches of Contacts March 17, 2021
- Data-driven insights to improve teaching and learning through the Unizin Data Platform are… March 17, 2021
- Login related audit events are now located in a single location in the Admin console March 16, 2021