Changes to our ad policies to comply with the GDPR
In May, Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect. Google is committed to complying with the GDPR, and in preparation, we’ve been working with our customers and partners to inform them about changes we’re making to our policies across our various products.
Today we’re informing advertisers and publisher partners about changes to our ad policies. Google already requires publishers and advertisers using our advertising services to get consent from end users to use our services, as required under existing EU law. However, the GDPR will further refine these requirements.
To comply, we will be updating our EU consent policy when the GDPR takes effect and the revised policy will require that publishers take extra steps in obtaining consent from their users. Before May, we will launch a solution to support publishers that want to show non-personalized ads, and we are working with industry groups, including IAB Europe, to explore proposed consent solutions for publishers.
We’re aware that our customers and partners – European and international – have significant obligations under these new laws, as does Google. Publisher and advertiser partners can expect further updates as we approach the date when GDPR takes effect.
Posted by Carlo D’Asaro Biondo
President, EMEA Partnerships Read More
Related Google News:
- What you can learn in our Q2 2021 Google Cloud Security Talks on May 12th May 5, 2021
- “Show Editors” provides more context on changes made in Google Docs May 3, 2021
- SRE at Google: Our complete list of CRE life lessons April 27, 2021
- Apply context-aware access policies to mobile and desktop applications April 27, 2021
- Build security into Google Cloud deployments with our updated security foundations blueprint April 26, 2021
- Track changes in SQL Server on Google Cloud using Change Data Capture April 22, 2021
- Celebrating Earth Day with our inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator: Climate Change cohort April 22, 2021
- Earning customer trust through a pandemic: delivering our 2020 CCAG pooled audit April 22, 2021