Cache is king: Announcing lower pricing for Cloud CDN
Organizations all over the world rely on Cloud CDN for fast, reliable web and video content delivery. Now, we’re making it even easier for you to take advantage of our global network and cache infrastructure by reducing the cost of Cloud CDN for your content delivery going forward.
First, we’re reducing the price of cache fill (content fetched from your origin) charges across the board, by up to 80%. You still get the benefit of our global private backbone for cache fill though—ensuring continued high performance, at a reduced cost. We’ve also removed cache-to-cache fill charges and cache invalidation charges for all customers going forward.
This price reduction, along with our recent introduction of a new set of flexible caching capabilities, makes it even easier to use Cloud CDN to optimize the performance of your applications. Cloud CDN can now automatically cache web assets, video content or software downloads, control exactly how they should be cached, and directly set response headers to help meet web security best practices.
You can review our updated pricing in our public documentation, and customers egressing over 1PB per month should reach out to our sales team to discuss commitment-based discounts as part of your migration to Google Cloud.
To read more about Cloud CDN, or begin using it, start here.
Related Google News:
- Announcing Version 4.0 of the Maps and Places SDKs for iOS October 14, 2020
- Modernizing enterprise data warehousing with Actian Avalanche on Google Cloud October 14, 2020
- Rémy Cointreau drives customer centricity with SAP on Google Cloud October 14, 2020
- Rapid cloud foundation buildout and workload deployment using Terraform October 12, 2020
- What’s new with Google Cloud October 11, 2020
- Providing open access to the Genome Aggregation Database (gnomAD) on Google Cloud October 9, 2020
- Announcing Google Cloud buildpacks—container images made easy October 9, 2020
- Announcing the 2020 Google PhD Fellows October 8, 2020