Blur your background in Google Meet
Quick launch summary
To help limit distractions during meetings, you can now blur the background of your video in Google Meet. When it’s turned on, Meet will intelligently separate you from the background, blurring your surroundings while keeping you clear and in focus.
We recently also launched the ability to filter out disruptive background noise in Google Meet. Together, these features reduce audio and visual distractions, and help ensure more productive meetings.
Background blur works directly within your browser and does not require an extension or any additional software. At launch, it will work on the Chrome browser on Windows and Mac desktop devices. Support for ChromeOS and Meet mobile apps will be coming soon, we’ll announce on the G Suite Updates blog when it’s available on those devices.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature is OFF by default. Visit our Help Center to learn more about how to blur your background on Google Meet.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal Google accounts.
- This feature was listed as an upcoming G Suite release.
Related Google News:
- Choosing the right orchestrator in Google Cloud April 21, 2021
- Use Virtual Private Cloud Service Controls to create security perimeters around Google Cloud… April 21, 2021
- Google Meet now gives you more space for content and control over layouts for a more… April 21, 2021
- Your Chromebook gets a little more helpful April 21, 2021
- Making meetings more immersive, inclusive, and productive with Google Meet April 21, 2021
- New ways we're making Meet calls easier (and more fun) April 21, 2021
- How Lumiata democratizes AI in healthcare with Google Cloud April 20, 2021
- Inviting educators to the Google Developers India Faculty Summit on 23rd April, 2021 April 20, 2021