BigQuery explained: Blog series
BigQuery is positioned as a unique analytics data warehousing service with its serverless architecture that allows it to operate at scale and speed to provide incredibly fast SQL analytics over large datasets. We started a new blog series—BigQuery Explained—to uncover and explain BigQuery’s concepts, features and improvements. This blog post is the home page to the series with links to the existing and upcoming posts for the readers to refer. Here are links to the blog posts in this series:
Overview: This post dives into how data warehouses change business decision making, how BigQuery solves problems with traditional data warehouses, and dives into a high-level overview of BigQuery architecture and how to quickly get started with BigQuery.
Storage Overview: This post dives into BigQuery storage organization, storage format and introduces partitioning and clustering data for optimal performance.
Data Ingestion: In this post, we cover options to load data into BigQuery. This post dives into batch ingestion and introduces streaming, data transfer service and query materialization.
Querying your Data: This post covers querying data with BigQuery, lifecycle of a SQL query, standard & materialized views, saving and sharing queries.
Working with Joins, Nested & Repeated Data: This post looks into joins with BigQuery, optimizing join patterns and nested and repeated fields for denormalizing data.
We have more articles coming soon covering BigQuery’s features and concepts.
Many thanks to Alicia Williams for helping with the posts.
Related Google News:
- Using BigQuery Administrator for real-time monitoring March 25, 2021
- Google BigQuery is a Leader in The 2021 Forrester Wave: Cloud Data Warehouse March 24, 2021
- Sustainable Monetized Websites: A new video series March 24, 2021
- Analyzing Python package downloads in BigQuery March 18, 2021
- Introducing #AskGoogleCloud: A community driven YouTube live series March 11, 2021
- Inventory management with BigQuery and Cloud Run March 3, 2021
- 21 Google Cloud tools, each explained in under 2 minutes February 28, 2021
- New in BigQuery BI Engine: faster insights across popular BI tools February 25, 2021