BigQuery explained: Blog series
BigQuery is positioned as a unique analytics data warehousing service with its serverless architecture that allows it to operate at scale and speed to provide incredibly fast SQL analytics over large datasets. We started a new blog series—BigQuery Explained—to uncover and explain BigQuery’s concepts, features and improvements. This blog post is the home page to the series with links to the existing and upcoming posts for the readers to refer. Here are links to the blog posts in this series:
Overview: This post dives into how data warehouses change business decision making, how BigQuery solves problems with traditional data warehouses, and dives into a high-level overview of BigQuery architecture and how to quickly get started with BigQuery.
Storage Overview: This post dives into BigQuery storage organization, storage format and introduces partitioning and clustering data for optimal performance.
Data Ingestion: In this post, we cover options to load data into BigQuery. This post dives into batch ingestion and introduces streaming, data transfer service and query materialization.
Querying your Data: This post covers querying data with BigQuery, lifecycle of a SQL query, standard & materialized views, saving and sharing queries.
Working with Joins, Nested & Repeated Data: This post looks into joins with BigQuery, optimizing join patterns and nested and repeated fields for denormalizing data.
We have more articles coming soon covering BigQuery’s features and concepts.
Many thanks to Alicia Williams for helping with the posts.
Related Google News:
- Introducing the Google Meet hardware Series One room kit September 15, 2020
- Re-imagine your future workspace with Google Meet Series One hardware September 15, 2020
- Compute Engine explained: Best practices for OS updates at scale September 14, 2020
- Google Cloud VMware Engine explained: Migrating your vSphere VMs September 2, 2020
- Automating data pipelines with BigQuery and Fivetran September 2, 2020
- Compute Engine explained: How to orchestrate your patch deployment August 27, 2020
- Introducing Spotlight: Women Techmakers series on career and professional development in tech August 25, 2020
- Google Cloud VMware Engine explained: Integrated networking and connectivity August 17, 2020