Best practices for Black Friday and Cyber Monday pages
The end of the year holiday season is a peak time for many merchants with special sales events such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. As a merchant, you can help Google highlight your sales events by providing landing pages with relevant content and high quality images.
The following are recommended best practices for your landing pages:
- Create the page early. Make sure you create the page well before the sale so Googlebot has time to discover and index the page. Make sure you are not blocking Google from crawling the URL (the Google URL Inspection Tool can be used to check this).
- Follow standard SEO best practices. A list of SEO best practices for landing pages can be found in our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide.
- Link to the landing pages from your home page (or similar) to increase their prominence, helping users (and Google) find the landing page quicker.
- Use a recurring URL, not a new URL for each occurrence of the event. Give the landing page of recurring events a meaningful URL that reflects the event that is used each year (for example: use /sale/black-friday, not /sale/2020/black-friday).
- Include a relevant, high quality image. Provide a static image with an up-to-date representation of your sale. Trim any whitespace around the borders of the image, and ensure that the image is visually engaging and is of good quality. For additional guidance on image quality, review the Google Images best practices and Images Web Fundamentals.
- Get your page recrawled. After you’ve tested your structured data for validity, ask Google to recrawl your page to get your content updated more quickly. (Note: as of publication this tool is undergoing maintenance, but we hope to have it up-and-running again soon.)
Posted by Alan Kent, Search Relations Team
Related Google News:
- Recommended strategies and best practices for designing and developing games and stories on… April 26, 2021
- Colgate-Palmolive moves to the cloud with Chrome Enterprise and Google Workspace April 26, 2021
- Data analytics and intelligence tools to play a key role post-COVID April 23, 2021
- Chrome 91: Handwriting Recognition, WebXR Plane Detection and More April 22, 2021
- Contributing to a sustainable future with Chrome OS and partners April 22, 2021
- Control your data usage and improve device performance with new data saver setting for… April 22, 2021
- Better protect your web apps and APIs against threats and fraud with Google Cloud April 22, 2021
- Cloud Spanner launches customer-managed encryption keys and Access Approval April 22, 2021