Become a Stadia “founder” with our first collection of games
Stadia is our game platform that uses different elements of Google technology, from our data centers to our hardware. It brings together people playing games and watching games, and lets you do it from wherever you are. Today we’re announcing the first collection of games coming to Stadia, and we’ll continue to add to this list later this summer.
You can now pre-order the Stadia Founder’s Edition at the Google Store—a limited number are available, so if you want to be one of our “founders,” be sure to get it before it’s gone. The Founder’s Edition packs nearly $300 of value into just $129.99 and includes:
- A Chromecast Ultra
- A limited-edition Night Blue Stadia Controller
- Three months of Stadia Pro (more on that below)
- A three month Buddy Pass to bring one friend along for the ride
- Dibs on selecting a Stadia Name
The Founder’s Edition gives our first set of fans the highest quality gaming experience—you’ll get Stadia Pro and the ability to play your favorite games across multiple screens (for those of you with a 4K TV and Stadia Pro, you’ll get up to 4K HDR resolution at 60 frames per second with 5.1 surround sound). Stadia Pro will include free content, as well as discounts on titles you buy. The first free title is “Destiny 2,” and it comes with the base game, all previous add-ons, the upcoming Shadowkeep expansion and the annual pass. And after your free 3-month subscription ends, Stadia Pro is only $9.99 per month.
If you want to pick up an extra controller for multiplayer games, for your laptop or just to keep a spare in your backpack, they come in three colors—Just Black, Clearly White or Wasabi—for $69.99. You’ll be able to access Stadia at launch this November in 14 countries: U.S., Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, U.K.—and we’re working to expand to additional countries in 2020.
And if you don’t need 4K quality resolution, you can still play your favorite games on virtually any screen with instant access and no downloads, updates, or patches. Coming in 2020, Stadia Base is how you will play games you purchase in up to 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second without an active subscription to Stadia Pro. Stadia Founder’s Edition is the first way to get Stadia in November, and we’ll be announcing even more games later this summer. Please visit stadia.com/faq or tweet us @GoogleStadia if you have any questions—we’d love to hear from you.
Related Google News:
- First preview of Android 12 February 18, 2021
- Expanding our testing in San Francisco February 17, 2021
- What you can learn in our Q1 2021 Google Cloud Security Talks February 10, 2021
- Focusing on Stadia’s future as a platform, and winding down SG&E February 1, 2021
- Preparing our partners for Apple’s iOS 14 policy updates January 27, 2021
- How our customers modernize business intelligence with BigQuery and Looker January 26, 2021
- Building a privacy-first future for web advertising January 25, 2021
- Take the first step toward SRE with Cloud Operations Sandbox January 22, 2021