Baines & Ernst uses responsive web design, mobile conversions leap 51%
Baines & Ernst is a leading provider of debt solutions in the UK. In dealing in such a complex subject area, the company’s aim in terms of digital is to help users understand its products. And from all accounts, that’s something it seems to be doing better than ever, thanks to the launch of a new responsive web design (RWD) site. On mobiles, pages per visit have increased by 11%, average visit duration is up 30% and mobile bounce rate is down 8%. Most impressively though, mobile conversions are up by 51% since the RWD site’s debut.
When Baines & Ernst first grasped that mobile usage was on the rise, the decision was made to launch mobile-specific search advertising in late 2011, incorporating both sitelinks and click-to-call functionality. Positive results from this led Baines & Ernst to create a mobile-optimised site that launched in the second half of 2012.
While the additional site helped provide a better experience to growing numbers of mobile users, maintaining fresh content on both the desktop and mobile site proved to be an inefficient use of resource. Through testing and research, Baines & Ernst discovered a solution that would satisfy its goals. The main focus was to deliver a consistent user experience across all devices so potential customers could find the right information on any screen. The team initiated the build of an entirely new site incorporating the best practices of RWD.
Since most consumers lack deep familiarity with financial solutions, the company’s online presence is a critical tool for explaining Baines & Ernst products. As more and more consumers are researching these kinds of products away from their desktop computers, the move to an RWD site has proved a very savvy one. Read more of the Baines & Ernst RWD success story here.
Posted by Matt Brocklehurst, Product Marketing Manager, Google
Related Google News:
- Google Search sends more traffic to the open web every year March 24, 2021
- New and improved Google Chat UI on the web March 22, 2021
- How my startup uses AI to reimagine water utilities March 22, 2021
- New ways to keep track of important notifications in Google Drive on mobile March 15, 2021
- Version history now available for Jamboard on web March 12, 2021
- A Local Guide uses Google Maps to help those without homes March 12, 2021
- A Spectre proof-of-concept for a Spectre-proof web March 12, 2021
- Accelerating Neural Networks on Mobile and Web with Sparse Inference March 9, 2021
August 22, 2013