Automatically see shared calendars associated with a Google Group when you join it
Quick launch summary
When a user joins a Google Group, they’ll now receive an email listing the shared calendars they can access as a result of their group membership—typically within an hour of joining. This will make it much easier for new team members and employees to discover relevant calendars and eliminate the need for existing group members to share those calendars manually.
|Example of new shared calendar notification email|
Users will also be able to add these shared calendars to their calendar list with just one click.
Note, if a group has more than 100 shared calendars, new members will not receive an email.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: This email will be sent by default whenever you join a new Google Group that has associated shared calendars. Visit the Help Center to learn more about sharing your calendar.
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Google's €25 million contribution to media literacy March 31, 2021
- How Google Cloud can help the Public Sector embrace zero trust March 30, 2021
- Albertsons and Google are making grocery shopping easier with cloud technology March 30, 2021
- Google and the National Science Foundation expand access to cloud resources March 29, 2021
- Student applications for Google Summer of Code 2021 are now open! March 29, 2021
- The ABCs of spelling in Google Search March 29, 2021
- A Matter of Impact: March updates from Google.org March 26, 2021
- Discover the best products for everything on Google March 26, 2021